IFT6080 Music and Machine Learning Final Project
Instructions for Presentation
Plan on a 20 to 30 minute presentation including questions. Have audio examples / graphics to present. Things to focus on:
- Clear definition of problem
- Previous approaches (very important!)
- Your approach
- Comparisions you made to existing results / models
- Your results
- Analysis / questions / what worked / what didn't work
- Examples (audio, graphics, etc)
Instructions for report
The report should be done in the style of a conference submission (between 5 and 8 pages is reasonable)
It should follow roughly the format of your presentation:
- Introduction: definition of problem. Why is it hard. Why do we care
- Previous approaches (including citations)
- Your algorithm
- Description of dataset(s) you are using
- Experimental results
- Discussion of results
- Future Work
- Properly formatted bibliography.
I recommend using latex/bibtex but Word is ok too.
You could also use the format files for ISMIR 2009. The 2009 files aren't currently available so here
is a link to the 2005 templates.
You should email me your report, the powerpoint of your presentation and your code.
Please also send me the powerpoint from the paper you presented in class this year as well